- This event has passed.
See the Forest through the Trees: Find your stride with Nature’s Boardroom
July 5, 2022 @ 4:00 pm– 7:00 pm PDT
As event professionals, our industry has experienced more disruption than any other since the beginning of the pandemic. We are now faced with how to re-build with fewer resources. But do we want to go back to the way it was?
Join us in the forest with Nature’s Boardroom to breathe, connect, and contemplate. In addition to this being a time for healing in nature and community building with peers, it is an opportunity to gain perspective on how to problem solve, adapt, and ultimately thrive in today’s realities.
For this workshop, the forest is our venue and nature is our keynote speaker. Heather Pelletier and her team from Nature’s Boardroom bring their unique approach and app technology to allow us to conduct a meeting in the forest but they also help us learn from nature. They share stories about how trees communicate and cooperate that are analogous to the human experience. They also facilitate guided discussions rooted in the inspiring processes found in the natural world to help participants find their own path towards meaningful change and ultimately a resilient, purpose-driven, and productive life.
*Qualifies for 2 hours of continuing education credits towards your CMP – Strategic Planning Domain*
Date: Tuesday, July 5, 2022
Meeting Location: Westin Bayshore H2 Kitchen + Bar – 1601 Bayshore Dr., Vancouver
Agenda (all times in PDT):
- 4-5PM: Reception at Westin Bayshore H2 Kitchen + Bar
- 5-7PM: Nature’s Boardroom Experience
- Member (PCMA,MPI,ILEA)/Student – $35.00
- Non-Member – $55.00
Know before you go:
- Wear casual, comfortable, and weather-appropriate attire
- Bring a smartphone. Ensure your phone is charged and has access to data.
- Bring headphones. Wireless earbuds work well.
- Download the Nature’s Boardroom App and register as a user within the group called “PCMA” Download in Apple Store
- Download in Google Play Store
- You must be physically able to walk at a slow pace and be on your feet for two hours with several short seated breaks. Seating in the Westin Bayshore garden will be available to those who aren’t physically able to join the walk but want to join the live audio feed.
Nature’s Boardroom is a new company offering in-person leadership development workshops and team-building activities in any forested location in BC. Their products are also available with remote facilitation anywhere in the world. Learn more about this local start-up and how you can support their efforts towards purpose-driven meeting solutions.
Thank you to our sponsors!